Meeple Leaf Board Game Night
One Friday night each month I hold a Meeple Leaf Board Game Night at Maple Leaf School-KPU in Richmond, BC, from 6pm to 10pm. Admission is free and all are welcome. For details and to RSVP please visit our Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Meeple-Leaf/
Upcoming Meeple Leaf Board Game Nights: April 26, May 12
What’s a board game getaway?
Meeple Leaf Board Game Getaway is a family-friendly event held at beautiful Canim Lake, for 4 days and 3 nights. During the day guests do outdoorsy activities, like kayaking, hiking and fishing, and in the evenings join us in the game room to play board games with the rest of the group. Or you can just play games all day, we won’t judge!
Guests stay at lovely South Point Resort, in their choice of lakeside cabin, condo, or campsite. Canim Lake is about a 5½-hour drive north of Vancouver. Yes it’s far, but that’s the point! Imagine the memorable experiences you’ll have enjoying this part of the province you’ve likely never been to, and making new friends while playing board games! Carpooling options will be available. Meals are not included; guests bring their own food and prepare it in their unit’s kitchen or on the grill.
|Thursday, May 30||Depart from home||Arrive at Canim Lake, resort activities||Board games|
|Friday, May 31||Resort activities||Resort activities||Board games|
|Saturday, June 1||Resort activities||Resort activities||Board games|
|Sunday, June 2||Resort activities||Depart from Canim Lake||Arrive at home|
This is just a suggested itinerary, you can extend your trip on either end, and will have a choice of things to do throughout each day. For example, in the evenings you can hang out around the bonfire instead of playing games, and during the day if you just feel like relaxing and playing a game or two there will likely be someone willing to join you!
We are pleased to offer a variety of accommodation styles to suit your budget and size of your group. These prices are per unit; if you bring more people you can split the cost further. Dogs are not allowed, except if you choose the campsite with RV option.
All prices include 5% GST, 3% municipal tax, and 8% room tax.
1-bedroom cabin: $675 (up to 4 ppl)
Queen bed in bedroom, queen pullout in living room. Total available: only 1!
2-bedroom cabin: $714 (up to 6 ppl)
Queen bed, queen pullout, 2 single beds. Total available: only 1!
Condo: $588 (up to 4 ppl)
Choice of queen bed or 2 singles. Queen futon in living room. Total available: 8.
Campsite: $185 (up to 6 ppl)
Bring your own tent or RV. Total available: 10 lakeside spots. These sites have 15 amp power and water available. Full hook-up sites available upon request.
(If you choose the campsite with RV option you can bring the dog; this is the only way to do so.)
What this includes:
- 3 nights lakeside accommodation
- Towels and linens
- Kitchen with fridge and stove in each condo/cabin, fire pit with each campsite; common charcoal BBQ also available
- Access to the game room, with an open library of 100 specially selected games
- South Cariboo Map
- Kayaks, pedal boats and paddleboards (sign up sheets on-site)
- Hiking at Canim Falls
Available at additional cost:
- Fishing boats: $30/hour or $120/day, including a tank of gas. Must present valid boating license.
- Pontoon boat rental: $200 half day or $350 full day. Must present valid boating license.
- Pontoon boat cruise of Canim Lake: $25/person.
- Firewood: $15/wheelbarrow.
- The South Point Office on site sells other camping necessities, as well as South Point swag. There is also the Canim Lake General Store 5 min drive away, which sells alcohol.
- WiFi is available onsite for $4/day if you want to stay connected.
- If you would like to bring your own boat, keep it on our docks for a $10/day moorage fee.
- Interested in horseback riding? We can set you up with a local operator.
What to bring
- Food, drinks and snacks. There is no restaurant at the resort; bring your own groceries and cook in your kitchen, or bring a grill, with a charcoal one for common use. Cold soft drinks, beer and snacks will be available for purchase in the game room.
- Any games you’d like to play. This is a great chance to get those monolithic games to the table! Games can be left set up overnight.
- Camping gear: Beach towels, sunscreen, bug repellent/zappers, fishing gear, etc.
How do I sign up??
The deadline for verbal or written confirmation is April 31, 2019. Contact me, Meeple Leaf organizer Nick Angiers (firstname.lastname@example.org), with your preferred style of accommodation, number of guests, and any other special notes (e.g. you require or can offer carpool, would like boat rental, horseback riding, etc.). I will then send you an e-transfer request. Upon receiving your payment, I will issue you a receipt. **Payment in sheep is not available, but we are currently working on this.
The deadline for your 30% deposit is May 7, 2019. If a spot you booked is requested by someone else and there are no other spots of that type available, I will ask you to pay your deposit early to secure your spot.
Requested by May 15 100% of all fees paid
Requested by May 22 50% of all fees paid
Requested after May 22 no refund